08 February 2008

Interesting effects of some foods

The day before yesterday I made a vegetarian meal for dinner, as I didn't feel like eating meat (and besides, I don't think there was any in the fridge). This is all part of the healthy eating plan I have devised, for my return to health and alleviation of all things relating to PMS.

I made a meal that was a complete protein, so it contained all the 9 essential amino acids, which means it is basically the same as eating meat in terms of amino acid components.

The meal I made had brown rice, red lentils, chickpeas and some vegetables. Not only was it delicious, but it was so good for me. It had wholegrains (the brown rice), legumes (chickpeas and lentils) and lots of vegetables which have proven antioxidant properties. I felt very sated after I finished eating a bowl of this natural food goodness!

Now the really interesting thing is, after eating a bowl of this food, my teeth become much white, as if I have just brushed them! Either there is a lot of calcium in those foods that my teeth are just loving or the fact that the grains/legumes are almost nutty in texture (that is, still whole and not mushy) maybe the very act of eating them caused an almost brushing like effect on my teeth.

I know this was not a weird one-off quirk, because every time I had a bowl of this vegetarian food my teeth would glisten afterwards! How amazing is that? Not only does this food do me much good health-wise, but it also is fantastic for my teeth.

I just had to post this, because it may help other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment