25 July 2012
Last night again I had a really superb sleep. All seven and a half hours.
It looks like the fatigue I was feeling was due to the extra exercise I have been doing lately. The last two nights I have had more sleep and therefore haven't felt as tired at all today. In fact, I am feeling really well and very energetic.
The indigestion and stomach discomfort I was experiencing was most likely not due to the cream, but rather to having yoghurt in my smoothie every morning for the past week and as I am lactose intolerant, it does not suit my digestion and will make me a bit ill. Usually the no-fat yoghurt is easier for me to digest and doesn't make me feel as sick quickly, but it still does make me feel a bit ill. I didnt have my usual smoothie this morning and straight away my stomach felt better, so it seems that the yoghurt was the culprit of my mild stomach discomfort.
So basically, even if the those symptoms were caused by the wild yam and chaste berry cream, they seemed to have resolved (but from the empirical evidence, it appears the cream did not cause those symptoms).
My sinuses and nasal passages are so clear that not only can I breathe properly, but I can actually smell things around me more strongly. It's incredibly wonderful to be able to breathe through my nasal passages.
I also have a sense of well-being and calmness like I haven't had for a long time. Part of it is probably because I am having a good sleep, so feel much calmer and more relaxed and part of it is due to the cream, which is trying to normalise all my hormones and make me feel better. Whatever it is, I am truly grateful!
23 July 2012
I have applied it five times in these last three days.
With the positive effects that I have noticed, there are also, while not completely negative, but rather, interesting effects.
Most women wouldn't notice any effects (probably), so soon after taking the cream, but because I am really sensitive, I have noticed and experienced some of these effects. They're not so bad, so hopefully they will remain this way (or just improve).
- Feeling sleepy - since yesterday (Sunday or my second day of the use of the cream), I have noticed that I have been feeling sleepier than normal. Normally I don't get to bed until 2am or even later, but since I started using the cream, I have been feeling tired around 11pm, which is highly unusual for me. It also could be associated with the fact that I have been exercising a lot more lately, so that would make me feel sleepier. I'll try to have more sleep and see if that improves this effect or not.
- Digestive problems - I have noticed that my stomach and digestion have been a bit off since I started using the cream. I normally get digestion issues, but it seems like they have been a little bit worse these past few days - for example, I have been getting a bit more gas than normal (so it's not anything too severe). It's not really so bad that I am in pain, but rather that my symptoms are just a little worse, but not bad enough to cause me serious pain. I'll monitor this to see if there is a correlation between the cream and my digestion symptoms.
- Dizziness - since yesterday evening, I have noticed a bit of dizziness when I turn around or get up quickly. Nothing really severe, just duly noted that it is there and just a little bit. I first attributed it to middle ear infections which I quite often get and which are caused by the chronic sinusitis I get, but since my sinuses and nasal passages are getting clearer, then it probably isn't attributed to them, but rather the cream. Even still, the dizziness is nowhere near the severeness of symptoms I get during the middle ear infections. The dizziness is very mild and I expect it will go away soon.
All of the research I have done suggests that these side effects are documented, but have never shown to be very severe and either stay at the same level or improve over time.
The sleepiness could definitely be attributed to the extra exercise I have been doing and because the cream is working on my adrenal cortex and pituitary gland, it's probably also regulating my melatonin and making me feel sleepy at normal times of the night. The digestive problems, I am not sure about. The dizziness I think will definitely improve or not get worse as it is so mild, it isn't anything to worry about.
22 July 2012
The interesting things that I have noticed so far from three (3) applications of the cream are (I experience the effects of herbs and medicines quite quickly, because I am so sensitive):
- Warmer body temperature - my body temperature is a little bit warmer than it normally is. I normally don't feel very warm most of the time (normally quite cold and especially more so in winter), but since I started using the cream, I not only feel warmer, but I get warmer more quickly when I am active
Clearer sinuses - now this is an interesting (in an excellent way) effect of the cream. Since yesterday, not only have my sinuses opened up that I can breathe properly, it also means I didnt experienced any sleep apnea last night, when I normally have been experiencing it quite regularly lately due to my sinuses being so blocked - no air coming in or out of my nasal passages, mouth closed and that means no breathing and hence the sleep apnea. Additionally, my nose seems to have less blood (from the broken capillaries) than normal. Again, this is beneficial because it means my nose is getting cleared up and the sinuses are functioning much better. Having the ability to breathe through my nose is absolutely awesome
- A bit more emotional - yesterday I noticed I felt a bit more emotional after using the cream, like I had PMS (when I haven't yet started to ovulate, so it isn't that). Not overly emotional, but just a bit more tense than normal. It could be that it enhanced my state of mind which is to be a little bit tense at the moment anyway. And the manufacturer states that the cream sometimes causes the eostrogen to spike up a bit when you first start using it, but it calms down after about a week or so. Hopefully it does for me, as I dont really want to feel more emotional than I normally do and feel like I have PMS when I am not in the PMS time of the month
- More energy - both yesterday and today I have felt my energy levels increase a little bit. My energy has been quite low lately and it has been hard to get out of bed in the mornings (not just because it's Winter and that makes it hard to get up out of bed anyway). With the use of this cream, I have not has as much trouble getting up out of bed and I have been going to bed a little earlier so that should help me wake up earlier. I hope that continues to improve.
So there you have it. These are the effects of the cream so far and this is only after one and a half days. I hope I am like the women on the testimonials who wax lyrically about the wonderful effects of the cream and how much it has helped them.
20 July 2012
Apparently it has enough of the natural forms of eostrogen and progesterone to help calm and regulate the menstrual cycle, reduce period pain and PMS.
The protocol is to rub about 1/4 of a teaspoon into a fleshy part of the body morning and night for every day (from day 12) until just before menstruation starts. That is the inner or outer thighs, under arms, neck or even soles of feet or the hands (for sensitive women). So there are lots of places to rub it in.
Wild yam contains diosgenin, which is a unsaponified steroid and is very much like the natural form of progesterone, completely bioidentical to the progesterone which is excreted from the ovaries. Diosgenin has the same chemical configuration to the progesterone that the body creates, which means the body will use it appropriately.
The claims for this wild yam cream suggest that it may not only help to normalise menstruation, it may also help to normal the adrenal cortex to produce the right level of hormones.
The cream also contains Chaste berry (Agnes Vitex Castus), which is well known to help normalise the hormones, prevent PMS and help reduce period pain.
Additionally, both wild yam and chaste berry may help to reduce the size and incidence of fibroids. These are benign growths usually inside the uterus wall and occur in a great majority of women, but which cause a great deal of health issues in many women.
The wild yam and chaste berry cream starts tomorrow. I am using it to reduce my severe period pain. Hopefully I see major improvements by next month's menstruation cycle.