24 June 2010

PMS bloating symptoms here in full force

It is now day 23 of my menstrual cycle.

The PMS fluid retention symptoms are here in full force.

I also feel rather emotional, more so than normal. Like if I see anything emotional on television (someone crying), it makes me feel too much empathy for them and I want to cry too.

Yesterday and the day before my breasts were so painful, bloated and spilling out of my bra, like I needed to go up a cup size. In addition to this, my nipples were completely painful and quite enlarged (as if I was breastfeeding and needed them to be that big)! Even when I had a shower yesterday and my arm accidentally moved past my nipples (say if I was reaching over to get the soap, or moving around washing myself), it hurt so bad the pain was almost unbearable. It must have been because they were so bloated and abnormally large and that is why it hurt so much.

I haven't had this kind of pain in my breasts/nipples for well over a year, maybe two years, ever since I started eating better, exercising, massaging and meditating. It must be because of the intense emotionally charged and stressful situation I am currently in (but trying to extricate myself from and it's taking longer than I anticipated), which is bringing on these PMS symptoms so strongly.

Weird thing is, today the bloating in my breasts and pain in the nipples is no longer there, so maybe the prawns and rice I had yesterday with the spices helped. Or, maybe it was the Scheussler tissue salt, General Tonic, which as all the 12 tissue salts, in homeopathic form that I had last night which did the trick to help tone down the bloating. It's the formula that is for the "temporary relief of overall fatigue and exhaustion", which work on the whole body, especially the nervous system, to help support it and that's obviously what I need right now. Will have some more today.

I highly recommend tissue salts for use - they generally don't interact with medications (but check with your doctor to make sure) and do help:
Search Amazon.com for tissue salts.

3 comments:

  1. That pic you got here is so freaky!
    Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have mentioned the Tissue Salts a few times and I am wondering how many a day you take? The pottle says 1 but up to six. I too get extreme fluid retention and go up 2 cup sizes! I have these salts plus Nat Mur which also helps with fluid. Thanx K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous:
    The tissue salts can be taken every 1/2 hour or so in acute cases. You can take more than 6 a day (I do). I take the combination 12 nowadays, with the combination of the 12 cell salts plus B vitamins and omega-3 fish oil to help.

    But the main thing is avoiding salty and processed foods and to exercise. That helps the most. And ironically, the thing you want to eat most is salty foods. Which I think is why the cell salts help, as they provide the salts to the body in the right amounts.

    Hope that helps you :)

    Gem:
    Lol. I know the pic is a bit freaky, but that's why I chose it, as PMS makes you feel a bit out of control, especially when it's really bad ;)

    ReplyDelete