21 March 2008

Alas, PMS Here Again

I must say that PMS while not as severe as it has been in the past, was a problem this month.

I can only guess that it was because I did not exercise much (I was sick from a really bad cases of sinusitis, that progressed to be a flu-like infection), which also meant I did not do much meditation, nor did I do any of the detox massage. I did though, eat very well, with 99% of my food intake being from a natural (and usually organic) source and all home-made. But obviously food intake is not enough for me (or others like me).

Quite obviously I need to continue with my self-healing strategies (exercise, good nutrition, detox massage, meditation) for a number of months before I will feel more longer-lasting effects. It is normal to have to do this for a number of months, because realistically, it took a long time to get my body to this state and it will take some time to get it back to normal health, which I am quite prepared to engage all my strength in order to make it happen.

My symptoms this month
  • Quite painful breasts for a number of days prior to menstruation
  • Some level of bloating at PMS
  • Relatively little emotional symptoms at PMS (in comparison to normal)
  • Very severe emotional symptoms (anger, irritation, crying) on day 3 of menstruation
  • Quite bloated abdomen for 1.5 days of menstruation
  • Severe dizziness and feeling like I wanted to pass out on day 2 of menstruation
The doctors think I also had a ovarian cyst that burst around mid-cycle of this menstrual cycle and this is because I was in excruciating pain which centred around the ovaries and especially the left one at that time. The pain was so bad that I was advised to go to the hospital where they gave me morphine for the pain. Needless to say, not the best 2-3 weeks of late.

It seems that I still have a lot of work to do in terms of regulating my menstrual cycle. Even just today and last night when I did some stretching and meditation, my menstrual symptoms (severe bloating of my abdominal area) eased quite a lot, which is a good thing.

I know there are plenty of women like me, who know they need to do something to help ease their symptoms but may be at a loss as to the natural strategies they can use.

I will keep you all updated on the progress during the month, of all the things I am doing to get my gynaecological health back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment